Dremel 3000 vs 4000 : Which is Better for you
Do you love to improve and repair around your sweet home? You may know well about rotary tools if you love DIY projects as well as home crafts. One needs to have a trusted leading brands rotary toolkit like Dremel. You may also know the Dremel Models 3000 and 4000 rotary tools. Many DIYers and professionals solely depend on them.
It’s true many professionals, hobbyists and DIYers use Dremel 3000 and 4000 rotary tool kit widely. Yet to select the best one between them can be a long battle of consideration.
Similar look as well as used to same tasks sometimes can make things a little bit confusing. However, in the question of performance, there is a quite different result. Moreover, the number and types of attachments and accessories are different too.
In fact, both Dremel 3000 and Dremel 4000 considered as a great rotary tool. You may have any of them. Here we just give a glimpse we compare them in details for your better understanding. Thus you can choose wisely your best Dremel Rotary tool kit.
Table of Contents
- 1 Dremel 4000 vs Dremel 3000 comparison
- 2 Major Differences of Dremel 4000 vs. Dremel 3000
- 3 Kit Options of Dremel 4000
- 4 Kit Options of Dremel 3000
- 5 Good points of Dremel 3000
- 6 Good points of Dremel 4000
- 7 Guideline for Buyers
- 8 Verdict
Dremel 4000 vs Dremel 3000 comparison
Features Dremel 4000 Dremel 3000
Number of Speeds Variable Variable
Power of Motor 1.6 1.2
Range of speed 5,000-35,000 RPM 5,000-32,000 RPM
Electronic Feedback Control Yes No
Change System of Accessory EZ Twist Nose Cap EZ Twist Nose Cap
Separate On/Off Speed Control Yes No
Kit Options 4000-2/30, 4000-3/34, 4000-4/34, 4000-6/50 3000-1/24, 3000-1/25, 3000-2/28
Dremel offers a vast selection of the rotary tool. Among them, there are two top models: Dremel 3000 vs Dremel 4000.
In order to ensure the most convenience to its user rotary tools is upgrading constantly. But keep in mind its not always better as a new release. In this article, we took a closer look to find one suits your all needs.
The different features of the Dremel 3000 and 4000 will help you to decide. We will discover their stronger and weaker option at a time to compare. Finally, we will tell you which is best for your specific purpose.
Dremel 4000 vs Dremel 3000 which one will prove to be the more versatile tool? Here we present a summary. You will decide which one give a better value for the money? Lets first have an idea of each Dremel’s specifications and features.
You have to focus on motor power, speed and accessories of the Dremel 4000 and Dremel 3000 their similarities and differences to take the final decision.
There are some obvious similarities and differences between the two handy rotary tools we find from the above table.
The size of the motor is the first striking difference. It is clear that the Dremel 4000 is considered a more powerful tool. It uses a 1.6 amp motor. On the other side, The Dremel 3000 use 1.2 amp motor.
Besides Dremel 4000 and Dremel 3000, both offer variable speed rotary tool. However, Dremel 4000 clearly shows a higher top speed. It can produce up to 35,000 RPM. It is higher than the Dremel 3000 which offers 3000 RPM.
Moreover, the Dremel 4000 has two more advanced option. An electronic speed control as well as a separate speed dial. Dremel 3000 does not have such features.
Interestingly, changing accessories is so easy! Both rotary tools use Dremel’s very efficient and user-friendly EZ Twist Nose Cap.
Major Differences of Dremel 4000 vs. Dremel 3000
The Dremel 4000 is newer release and Dremel 3000 is older release. Naturally, as a new presentation, Dremel 4000 tries to fill up some lackings of The Dremel 3000.
Between the two rotary tools, there are some remarkable differences. Kit options and the electronic feedback control are two mentionable option which distinguishes them.
It is crystal clear that the versatile one is the Dremel 4000. It has a lot of power and you can use it with other accessories from Dremel.
Let’s see how the two tools differ.
The option of Electronic Feedback
From the Dremel 4000 to other latest Dremel rotary tools gained their reputation after they introduce to use a system of electronic feedback control. On the 3000 model, it is absent.
If you grinding very hard or to improve your craftsmanship you may need to off your speed. The solution came from Electronic feedback control option. It is designed to let you know that information. In the question of the higher level of manipulation and control, this feature gives the upper hand to the Dremel 4000 than the 3000.
You have to use your knowledge to determine the right pressure and speed with the Dremel 3000. Naturally, it can lead to mistake for a beginner.
Speed Controls Separate Feature
In point of speed control, both the Dremel 4000 and Dremel 3000 have variable speed control. However, the Dremel 4000 staying ahead than 3000 as it has a separate on/off speed dial.
This option of alters the speed without any interruption with the power clearly gifted the Dremel 4000 a noticeable advantage over the Dremel 3000.
This feature allows you to slow or speed up the rotary tool. Even from the mid cut to improve the excellent outcome of your dream project. If you deal with complicated and delicate woodworking and craft project this option will prove even more useful.
Options for Kit
For the various needs of different rotary tool users, both Dremel 4000 and 3000 offers different kit options.
In the number of accessories and attachments, these kits will differ. In the model number of the kit, this information is clearly indicated. For instance The Dremel 4000-3/34 kit option, it means that it has 3 attachments and 34 accessories.
Dremel 3000 has 3 kit options. They are 3000-1/24, 3000-1/25 and 3000-2/28. Dremel 4000 has 4 kit options which are 4000-2/30, 4000-3/34, 4000-4/34 and 4000-6/50.
Kit Options of Dremel 4000
Rotary Tool Kit of Dremel 4000-2/30
The Dremel 4000-2/30 kit option is the cheapest of the 4 kit options. Naturally, it offers the fewest attachments and accessories on the model 4000 series.
The kit has 30 accessories and 2 attachments. These 2 attachments are the straight edge/circle cutter and grinding/sanding guides.
The accessories include:
- 1 multipurpose bit and 4 cut-off wheels for cutting
- 2 felt polishing wheels and 1 polishing compound,1 carbon steel brush for polishing as well as cleaning
- 1 high-speed cutter for carving and engraving
- 6 sanding bands,1 sanding drum and 8 sanding discs for sanding
- 1 wrench and 2 miscellaneous mandrel
- 1 aluminum oxide grinding stone, 1 aluminum oxide grinding wheel and 1 silicon carbide grinding stone for sharpening and grinding
As a versatile rotary tool, you can choose it. But remember they may not be very good for carving and engraving applications like other kit options as it offers just one accessory for that. Still, it can be great for sanding as well as cutting due to its enough accessories for this task.
Rotary Tool Kit of Dremel 4000-3/34
If you look attentively you will find the Dremel 4000-3/34 is a more versatile rotary tool as it offers 4 accessories with 1 attachment than the 4000-2/30.
3 attachments for a multipurpose cutting guide, grinding/sanding guide, 30 accessories, and detailer’s guide are included in this kit.
The 30 accessories included:
- 5 sanding bands, 4 sanding discs and 1 sanding drum for sanding
- 1 high-speed cutter and 1 engraving cutter for engraving and carving
- 1 polishing compound, 1 nylon bristle brush, 5 felt polishing wheels and 1 carbon steel brush for polishing and cleaning
- 1 multipurpose cutting bit and 4 cut-off wheels for cutting
- 2 aluminum oxide grinding stones and 2 silicon carbide grinding stones for sharpening and grinding
- 1 wrench, 3/32-inch collet, and 3 miscellaneous mandrel accessories
It is indeed a great all-around rotary tool as the number and type of accessories on this kit. Still, for polishing and cleaning it will be a much better choice than the 2/30 as it has more accessories for this.
Rotary Tool Kit of Dremel 4000-4/34
The Dremel 4000-4/34 kit is not as versatile as the 4000-6/50. Still, with 34 accessories and the 4 attachments, the Dremel 4000-4/34 kit can be more effective than the two above.
The offer of this attachment on this rotary tool kit are grinding/sanding guide, straight edge guide/circle cutter, a detailers grip and a multipurpose cutting guide.
The accessories include:
- 4 sanding discs, 7 sanding bands and 1 sanding drum for sanding projects
- 1 wrench and 3 miscellaneous mandrel accessories
- 2 silicon carbide grinding stones and 2 aluminum oxide grinding stones for sharpening and grinding tasks
- 1 multipurpose cutting bit and 4 cut-off wheels for cutting
- 5 felt polishing wheels, 1 nylon bristle brush, 1 polishing compound and 1 carbon steel brush for polishing and cleaning tasks
You can select The Dremel 4000-4/34. For both professionals and craftsmen, it is a great kit option. Moreover, it can be very useful for various cutting, sanding applications and for excellent polishing.
Rotary Tool Kit of Dremel 4000-6/50
On the 4000 rotary tool model, Dremel 4000-6/50 is the most popular kit. It offers more accessories and attachments than all the other 3 kit options of Dremel.
You can do almost all rotary tool application with the 50 accessories and 6 attachments on this kit.
On the kit, there’s the attachment which is enriched with a multipurpose cutting guide, a flex shaft attachment, circle cutter/straight edge guide, sanding/grinding guide, shield attachment, and garden tool sharpening attachment.
You get the following from the 50 accessories:
- 2 carbon steel brushes,1 nylon bristle brush, 1 cloth polishing wheel, 4 felt polishing wheels and 1 polishing compound for polishing and cleaning applications
- 2 high-speed cutters and 1 engraving cutter for engraving and carving
- 3/32-inch collet, 1 drill bit, 1 wrench and 3 miscellaneous mandrels
- 1 multipurpose cutting bit and 11 cut-off wheels for cutting
- 6 sanding discs, 6 sanding bands, 3 finishing abrasive buffs, 6 sanding bands and 1 sanding drum for sanding
- 1 silicon carbide grinding stone, 2 aluminum oxide grinding stones and 2 aluminum oxide grinding wheels for sharpening and grinding
The Dremel 6/50 is the best kit if you want to choose the best. It offers everything you need. For professionals and frequent users of rotary tools, it is also regarded as the best option. It is an ideal rotary tool for sanding, cleaning, cutting, sharpening or polishing other tools.
Kit Options of Dremel 3000
Rotary Tool Kit of Dremel 3000-1/24
Are you a beginner of using rotary tool kit? Then the Dremel 3000-1/24 will be a great buy for you. It is also suitable for people who only need a rotary tool for sometimes use. And the best news is the Dremel 3000 kit is the cheapest.
Just like the Dremel 3000-1/25, it comes as usual with a 1 attachment. However, its 24 accessories are fewer than the other two 3000 kit options.
It offers some attachment as well as accessories such as sanding/grinding guide. On this toolkit below accessories are included:
- 1 silicon carbide grinding stones and 2 aluminum oxide grinding stones for grinding and sharpening
- 1 nylon bristle brush, 1 carbon steel brush, 3 felt polishing wheels and 1 polishing compound for cleaning and polishing
- 2 sanding drums and 7 sanding bands for sanding applications
- 2 cut-off wheels for cutting
- 1 high-speed cutter for carving and engraving applications
- 1 wrench, 1 dressing stone, and 2 miscellaneous mandrel accessories
It may seem to some people quite a basic kit. However, for many crafts and home improvement projects Dremel 3000-1/4 can still be very useful.
Rotary Tool Kit of Dremel 3000-1/25
In fact, if you compare Dremel 3000-1/25 vs the 3000-1/24 you will find just one added accessory in the Dremel 3000-1/25 yet such option can make a huge difference. Many rotary tool users can find that such one extra accessory might be what they need most.
- Let’s see the offer of 25 accessories and a shield attachment below:
- 8 sanding bands and 2 sanding drums for sanding
- 1 high speed cuter for engraving and carving
- 1 wrench, 1 dressing stone, and 2 miscellaneous mandrel
- 2 cut-off wheels for cutting
- 4 felt polishing wheels, 1 polishing compound and 1 carbon steel brush for polishing and cleaning
- 2 aluminum oxide grinding stones and 1 silicon carbide grinding stone for sharpening and grinding
You may wonder what the basic difference of Dremel 3000-1/25 than the Dremel 3000-1/24? Well, Sanding band and the extra felt polishing wheel and without the nylon bristle brush is what the sharp difference. Moreover, for various polishing and sanding applications, it can be more useful.
Rotary Tool Kit of Dremel 3000-2/28
The Dremel 3000-2/28 is the best option than the other two kits as it offers more accessories and attachments. You can consider it is the best option in the 3000 series. It can do much more than the other 2 kits.
The Dremel 3000-2/28 presents with 2 attachments which are the grinding/sanding, cutting guides as well as 28 different accessories included:
- 5 sanding bands and 1 sanding drum for sanding
- 1 high-speed cutter, 1 engraving cutter and 1 diamond wheel point for cutting
- 3 aluminum oxide grinding stones and 1 silicon carbide grinding stone for grinding and sharpening
- 5 felt polishing wheels, 1 nylon bristle brush,1 polishing compound and 1 carbon steel brush for polishing and cleaning
- 1 wrench, 1 dressing stone, and 2 miscellaneous mandrels
- 1 multipurpose cutting bit and 2 cut-off wheels for cutting
On the 3000 Dremel model, the 3000-2/28 is the most versatile kit. Yet it offers fewer accessories than the most basic kit on the Dremel 4000 model, the Dremel 4000-2/30. However, if you prefer economy and affordable rotary tool kit then surely 3000 is your best kit choice for excellence in your various projects.
Good points of Dremel 3000
One of the good options of this rotary tool is its replaceable motor brushes. It will allow you to use it repeatedly. It works in a smooth manner and emits a gentle hum.
Let’s see some of the cool advantages of using the Dremel 3000 :
Soft grip action which ensures not only control but also comfort
For better precision, it offers middle ground speed
Compatible with a lot of other attachments
Good points of Dremel 4000
The Dremel 4000 is a newer version. It is also equipped with the detailer’s grip. Moreover, it offers a guide for sanding, cutting, straight edge, a circular cutter, and grinding. If you decide those Dremel 4000 it would help you in the long run with some excellent advantages such as:
More powerful and faster motor
Speed dial features that make the kit really user-friendly
Even with levels set on high, it has the ability to perform with consistency
Guideline for Buyers
You see, the Dremel 4000 is an improvement option of the Dremel 3000. It is also more powerful. So, now for you choosing between the Dremel 4000 and Dremel 3000 should be easy.
The Dremel 4000 is your best choice if you are looking for a powerful rotary tool. It also offers lots of accessories as well as higher speed. You will discover more if you go for the Dremel 4000-6/50.
Dremel 4000 is more user-friendly as it offers some eye-catching convenient features, for example, separate speed dial and an electronic feedback control system. Naturally, it can be very handy for many projects.
The Dremel 3000, on the other hand, can be a great alternative when you will use it occasionally and will not use it frequently. It can be also a great choice for economy people. For a beginner, it can be more ideal as its speed and power are less intimidating.
Our final verdict is the Dremel 4000 is the better tool among the two. It certainly offers greater speed, power, and versatility. However, for the people who are looking for something more affordable the Dremel 3000 can still work.
Keep in mind, choosing the right rotary tool for you is based on your specific needs. You only have to base your choice on three aspects—power, speed, and the number of accessories included in the kit. For versatility lovers 4000 is ideal for beginners 3000 is really perfect. It’s your choice!