In our day to day life, Rotary Tool Kit like Dremel 4000-2/30 with accessory and Flex Shaft Attachment is just essential. It is an ideal tool for your all grinding, cutting, sanding, polishing and carving work.
In rotary tools world, Dremel rotary tools have been around for many years. Many hobbyists, as well as homeowners, love the tool as a preferred choice as they offer a wide range of applications for creative smaller scale work. It is handy for certain tasks. Let’s see how well this new Dremel model performs various tasks around the workshop, hobby bench and around the home.
This is a high speed, multi-functioning rotary tool. Dremel is for weekend warriors. It is a do it yourself type for crafts and hobbies. It is not an industrial grade spinning tool.
Dremel let you do the work with speed. Use high speed except you are dealing with wood or plastic. Speed up in ceramic and slow down on metal. Again go middle ground for wood, slow for plastics, and so on. It will be better ramping up the speed on a practice piece of the material. When you reach the maximum speed go work on the actual piece. The Dremel works smoothly, without a hitch. This is a lifesaver tool for small DIY projects around the house, as well as minor art projects. It comes with a multitude of attachments included. The kit is relatively affordable compared to buying several different unitasking and/or manual tools. There are also a lot of secondary attachable tool heads are easily available to expand.
Table of Contents
- 1 Dremel 4000 vs 4200 – Comparison Chart
- 2 Dremel 4000-2/30 Rotary Tool
- 3 Positives of Dremel 4000
- 4 Dremel 4200 vs. 4000 Feature Comparison
- 5 Key Differences of The Dremel 4000 vs. Dremel 4200
- 6 Kit Options of Dremel 4000
- 7 Kit Options of Dremel 4200
- 8 Buyers Guideline
- 9 Final Word
Dremel 4000 vs 4200 – Comparison Chart
|Key Feature||Dremel 4000|| Dremel 4200
|Source of Power||electric/ corded||electric/corded|
|Amps & Volts||1.6 amps||1.6 amps|
|Rotary tool length ||6 inches||9 inches|
|Electrical cord length||6 feet||7 feet|
|Rotary tool weight||2.86 pounds||2.59 pounds|
|Chuck system||EZ Twist||EZ Change|
|5,000 to 35,000 rpm||5,000 to 35,000 rpm|
|Separate on/off switch & speed dial||Yes||Yes|
Replaceable motor brushes
Electronic Feedback Control
|Cool-running ball bearing construction||Yes||Yes|
|Kit Options 4200-8/64||4000-2/30, 4000-3/34, 4000-4/34, 4000-6/50||4200-4/36, 4200-6/40,|
|Accessories compatibility||with all Dremel accessories||with all Dremel accessories|
|Number of Speeds||Variable||Variable|
|Cool-running ball bearing construction||Yes ||Yes|
One may wonder Dremel 4000 vs 4200 which one is better? which one should consider buying? The Dremel 4000 vs 4200 above comparison should make the right decision which tool is best, simple, easy and save a lot of time.
Today’s debate The Dremel 4000 vs 4200 which is better earlier model or present? In fact, they are the same in many ways. You can use it for engraving, carving, cutting, grinding, sharpening, cleaning, polishing, and so on. Of Course, they present similar features however there are a few changes here as well as there.
Well, a lot of features are equal. The sharp difference includes the electrical cord length, the newer model is lighter yet longer. In the chuck system there also you can see the change.
Dremel 4000-2/30 Rotary Tool
It works wonders on cutting bolts and steel wires due to the power it has. Dremel has done a nice job with this tool. Separate speed and power switch and the “easy twist” nose cap is a blessing in disguise.
The new 4000 Dremel is easier to change tools on and delivers better torque at low speed. It’s also significantly lighter in weight. The cord is long enough to allow you a decent range of motion if you’re working on larger pieces and the variable speed helps with harder/softer materials.
There are many Dremel rotary tools. However, all are not equal. The Dremel 4000 variable-speed rotary toolkit offers the highest performance as well as the most versatility of all Dremel rotary tools. Just look at its all speed levels. The increased strength of its motor and electronic feedback circuitry enables consistent performance. Besides it ensures added comfort and control offering ergonomics include a slim design that provides a 360-degree grip zone. Good news is the Dremel 4000 can use all existing Dremel rotary tool accessories and high-performance attachments. So one simple tool will allow you to do more. It also offers a two-year warranty.
Features of Dremel 4000
- It ensures maximum performance with high- performance motor at all speed
- Greater versatility due to Variable speed
- The tool can be easily used with all Dremel rotary tool attachments as well as accessories
- Easy to understand speed dial features,
- Variable speed from 5,000 to 35,000 RPM
- 360-degree comfortable yet strong grip zone for control in any position
- Includes 30 Dremel accessories and 2 Dremel attachments
- A carrying case is included
- The weight of the Item 4.15 pounds
- Source of power Electric
- Style Rotary tool
- Voltage 120 volts
- No battery included or required
- Item model number 4000-2/30
- Color black
- Package Dimensions 14 x 9.4 x 4 inches
- Separate on and off switch and speed control dial for the perfect speed every time
Quick collet lock for fast accessory changes
You may wonder what exactly The Dremel 4000 tool is? Well, it is a powered rotary tool. Just remember it is a mini-handheld router because of its size and features. In the Dremel lineup, the 4000 model is a corded version. Besides it runs off 120v 50-60Hz mains power supply with a 1.6Amp current rating.
The excellence of a Dremel type tool is that there are so many options for accessories available. You can easily perform many different types of tasks. You can get drill bits, wire brushes, circular saw blades, carbide burrs, grinding discs, small router bits, sanding drums, polishing discs, plastic cutting cones you just name it. The amazing versatility of these tools for scale jobs is will surely impress you.
The Dremel 4000 is a multi-speed rotary tool. Besides, it allows operation in a range from 5,000 RPM all the way up to 35,000 RPM. At the back end of the housing, this speed is variable and controlled via a dial. On different materials, the wide speed range also makes it useable. It is much more logical to use a numerical system that matches the router speeds for any particular setting. It will easily allow you to accurately dial in a speed that suits the type of bit, cutter or grinding attachment in use on the Dremel. Remember, specific materials like plastics are prone to overheating. So, when high RPM cutters are engaged in melting through excessive friction. The new 4000 model features a soft-start to remove any sudden power-up jolting of the tool.
The collet is available in different sizes like 1/32″, 1/16″, 3/32″ and 1/8″. It is known as the piece that tightens around and secures the shank of the various accessory bits you use in the Dremel. Separate buying option is also available. A 1/8″ collet is supplied in the Dremel 4000 kit to suit as the majority of bits available for the Dremel and similar rotary tools have a 1/8″ shank. In various forms the Dremel 4000 kit is available. It depends on how many accessories you wish to purchase.
Also Read: Dremel 4000 vs 4300
Let’s give you an idea of the inclusions in the 2/30 kit :
- Major Accessories: Adjustable circle cutting and straight edge guide; sanding guide
- Minor Accessories/Bits: Rubber sanding drum with 6 assorted grit sanding pieces; polishing mandrel with 2 polishing wheels; 2 large reinforced metal cut off wheels with appropriate mandrel to hold them; 3 standard grinding wheels; 7 flat sanding discs; 1 wire brush wheel; 1 grinding/sharpening drum; 1 drywall type router cutter; 1 small ball-shaped engraving burr, 1 narrow cone-shaped silicone carbide grinding attachment and 1 small block of polishing compound.
The Dremel 4000-2/30 with about 30 accessories is a good basic kit. On both sides of the case, there is easy access to the brushes for the motor.
The Dremel body ensures comfort and increased grip as it is overwrapped in crucial gripping areas with a rubber cover. Hand comfort, ideal for precise work, the flex shaft attachment is a better option for greater control. You can even hang the Dremel from a hook as There is a metal hanger incorporated into the body. When you want to use the flex shaft accessory (sold separately) this is especially useful.
Usefulness and Effectiveness
This tool most suitable for hobby work on RC planes and for grinding type work in home renovations. During reconstruction, it helps a lot. Using the Dremel cut off discs you can quickly take the head off a problem nail pretty much flush with the surface the nail was driven in to. Accessories for Dremels are found just about anywhere. Running two cut off discs adds extra strength and they will cut off twice as many nail heads. The Dremel is great when it comes to cutting aluminum angle for many purposes such as wall plastering, cutting angle for tiling edges or corners, and for cutting any thin sheet metal type extrusions or fittings. It is the perfect tool for those jobs where a larger grinder or cut off tool is overkill for the task.
Dremel is good for when it comes to sanding is smoothing off puttied corners of trim, paint runs on wall edges or faces or carefully sanding off small globs of paint, wooden model glue seams or sanding plastic, etc.
The 2/30 kit comes with two polishing wheels, a mandrel to fit them on and a block of polishing compound. Polishing small wooden parts after varnishing, or getting into corners of large wooden furniture items like chairs to buff the wax off, the Dremel is the tool suited for these tasks. Use the Dremel with great results. The polishing wheels do work quite well.
The small ball grinding/engraving bit in this kit works well for that task. You can also use it for the very delicate shaping of wood or sign-writing in wood.
The Dremel is indeed useful. It is interesting the number of tasks you find. The more use it the more tasks you will be able to discover.
The Dremel with the drywall cutting bit leaves a much cleaner edge than normal other tools.
The Dremel stones are excellent for scissors, knives, and mower blades among others. It is great for deburring cut metal, particularly that which has been sliced with a grinder leaving a sharp edge.
You can mount your Dremel 4000 and use it to cut out perfect circles with appropriate cutting or router bits. It works well in small-scale cutting applications.
The 2/30 Dremel 4000 kit is a reliable sanding and grinding guide.
Positives of Dremel 4000
- It is low powered, ergo, gentler on your work, more forgiving when you make a mistake
- Easy to handle, lightweight – great for a beginner or someone not too “handy”
- It is very speedy, but not too speedy, as in, not a pneumatic die grinder spinning at speeds that would make a bullet cringe.
- Dremel has a ridiculously nice supply of accessories for it, good from jigsawing to power planning
- Able to do detailed work, such as rotary sanding in tight spaces
- It is a multi-tool extraordinaire, capable of many different tasks
- Ergonomic and very useful overall, a pleasure to work with
Cons about the 4000
- It is pretty loud for its minuscule size, a downside if you have sensitivities to noise
- It is low torque, so you should not use force to get work done faster
- Low amps mean it is not powerful enough to hold its own in large amounts of material without choking on its carbon brushes.
Dremel 4200 vs. 4000 Feature Comparison
A Dremel rotary tool means versatile as well as easy to use, compatible with a number of different attachments. They have a slew of potential applications. If you are a passionate DIYer, regular homeowners or even hobbyists it is a must-have to take your dream DIY projects to the next excellent level.
It is handy and user-friendly. You can use a Dremel rotary tool for various applications like engraving designs for polishing metal, sanding, grinding, etching, drilling materials.
In fact, the tools of Dremel are unmatched. However, in the market, there are many other rotary tool brand available. From different models, you have to choose the perfect one for you. It means one has to choose between Dremel 4000 and Dremel 4200.
The Dremel rotary tools are famous for their high-performance, versatility, and convenience. Both rotary tools differ in a few aspects.
Interestingly the rotary tool is often called a Dremel, but actually, Dremel is a brand name. In spite of making different rotary tools, Dremel is well known for 4300, 4200 and 4000 popular models.
Today we are looking at below to compare the difference between these two rotary tools with various kit options. It will make it helpful and easy for you to pick the best. You will see the cool little difference between 4000 and 4200.
In this topic we discussed two well known rotary tools currently Dremel offered. It will focus on comparing their features. Thus you will get a better idea for your needs.
It seems the Dremel 4200 is not very different than the Dremel 4000.
Their range of speed (5,000 to 35,000 rpm) and motor capacity (1.6-amp) are equal. When they face under load the electronic feedback circuit feature ensure constant speed. The Dremel also offers speed dial as well as separate on/off switch.
The 360-degree grip assures comfortable to hold. The tool life extends due to the replaceable motor brushes and the cool -running ball bearing feature. It is true for all Dremel 4000 vs. 4200 reviews.
The remarkable difference is the length of the electrical cord. The Dremel 4200 offers 7-foot electrical cord which is one foot longer than the Dremel 4000 model. Another remarkable difference is weight. The Dremel 4200 is 2.59 pounds while the Dremel 4000 is 2.86 pound.
From our point of view, the basic difference the Dremel 4000 vs 4200 is in their chuck system. The newer model Dremel 4200 EZ change system offers its users wrench-less accessory change option. Instead of a standard collet nut, the Dremel 4200 follow an integrated pull lever system.
Dremel 4200 follow an EZ change process while Dremel 4000 uses the EZ Twist Nose Cap.
Let’s see kit options. Well, interestingly Dremel 4000 provides extra one more attachment than the 4200 in the field of an accessories combination. Still, in major cases, you will discover usually Dremel 4200 kit options have more accessories and attachment than Dremel 4000 series.
Key Differences of The Dremel 4000 vs. Dremel 4200
In dimensions and weight, these two rotary tools maintain the crystal clear physical differences. Moreover, in the kit options as well as the accessory change system their most remarkable differences exist.
1.Change System of the Accessory
The chuck system or the accessory means the useful piece that tightens around. Besides, it secures the shank on the accessory bits. Thus the rotary tools complete their tasks.
In different types and sizes, Chuck systems are available such as 1/16”, 1/32” and 1/8”.
The accessories and attachments are various. So, Dremel rotary tools are designed to comply with them. In order to allow for this its natural, different models will use different chuck systems.
You will see The Dremel 4000 to make accessory change easy and fast uses Dremel’s EZ Nose Twist Cap. It is an integrated wrench of this chuck system for loosening or tightening the collet nut for the accessories changing.
On the other hand, the Dremel 4200 uses the EZ Change mechanism. It is known as an integrated pull lever system. On other Dremel rotary tools, it replaces the standard collet nut. Thus without using a wrench, it allows fast accessory changes.
To make accessories easy and fast Dremel 4000 and Dremel 4200 both have good change systems, however, the option of Dremel 4200 is in the much better position as there’s no need of a wrench.
2.Options for Kit
Dremel produces various rotary tools with different kit options. Usually, you can recognize them as they use two numbers after every model number (for instance 2/30 in Dremel-2/30).
In four kit options, Dremel 4000 is available. They are 4000-2/30, 4000-3/34, 4000-4/34 and 4000-6/50. On the other hand, Dremel 4200 presents in 3 kit options. They are 4200-4/36, 4200-6/40 and 4200-8/64.
Now, let’s see all kit options of Dremel 4000 vs Dremel 4200
Kit Options of Dremel 4000
1.Rotary Tool Kit of Dremel 4000-2/30
On the Dremel 4000 series, the renowned basic rotary kit is The Dremel 4000-2/30. It has 30 accessories with 2 attachments.
The circle straight/cutter edge and grinding/sanding guides included in the attachments.
The 30 accessories are:
- 1 multipurpose bit and 4 cut-off wheels for cutting
- 6 sanding bands, 1 sanding drum, and 8 sanding discs for Sanding
- 1-speed cutter for carving and engraving
- 2 felt polishing wheels, 1 carbon steel brush, and 1 polishing compound for polishing and cleaning
- 2 grinding stones and 1 grinding wheel for grinding and sharpening
- 1 wrench and 2 miscellaneous mandrels
This kit is very useful for grinding, carving, polishing, cleaning, engraving, sanding despite not having as many accessories as the other three Dremel 4000 kits. It also offers carry and accessory cases.
2.Rotary Tool Kit Dremel 4000-3/34
It is a little bit more user-friendly than the 4000-2/30 as Dremel 4000-3/34 has 1 attachment and 4 accessories more. The additional attachments are sanding/grinding guide, a multipurpose cutting guide, the detailer’s grip.
The 34 accessories include:
- 5 sanding bands, 1 sanding drum, and 4 sanding discs for sanding
- 1 high-speed cutter and 1 engraving cutter for carving and engraving
- 1 multipurpose cutting bit and 4 cut-off wheels for cutting
- 1 carbon steel brush, 1 nylon bristle brush, 1 polishing compound and 5 felt polishing wheels for cleaning and polishing
- 2 aluminum oxide grinding stones and 2 silicon carbide grinding stones for grinding and sharpening
- 1 3/32-inch collet, 3 miscellaneous mandrels, and 1 wrench
Actually, Dremel 4000-3/34 has an equal capacity like that the 2/30 kit. However, it has fewer sanding accessories and more polishing accessories. If you are more interested specifically for cleaning and polishing based on a rotary tool kit then it will be an ideal option indeed.
3.Rotary Tool Kit Dremel 4000-4/34
One more attachment is the basic character of the Dremel 4000-4/34 rotary tool kit. It offers equal accessories like 3/34 above the bit.
If you buy this kit you will get a grinding/sanding guide, the multipurpose cutting guide, straight/circle edge guide as well as detailer’s grip.
The accessories are:
- 2 silicon carbide grinding stones and 2 aluminum oxide grinding stones for sharpening and grinding
- High-speed cutter and 1 engraving cutter for engraving and carving
- 5 felt polishing wheels, 1 nylon bristle brush, 1 carbon steel brush, and 1 polishing compound for polishing and cleaning
- 1 multipurpose cutting bit and 4 cut-off wheels for cutting
- 1 wrench and 3 miscellaneous mandrel
- 7 sanding bands, 4 sanding discs and 1 sanding drum for sanding
Like the two above this kit can do the same tasks. It has almost all the accessories. Just an extra attachment proved it a little bit more versatile.
4.Rotary Tool Kit of Dremel 4000-6/50
In the 4000 series, Dremel 4000-6/50 considered the most comprehensive rotary tool kit. It offers more accessories and attachments than all the other three options. It means it can do everything like them as well as much more.
It offers 6 attachments. They are the multipurpose cutting guide, sanding/grinding attachment, a flex shaft attachment, straight/cutter edge guide, garden tools and lawn mower sharpening attachment and a shield attachment.
The accessories this model offers are:
- 1 sanding drum,3 finishing abrasive buffs, 6 sanding discs and 6 sanding bands for sanding
- 2 high-speed cutters and 1 engraving cutter for engraving and carving
- 3 miscellaneous mandrels, 1 1/8-inch drill bit, 3/32-inch collet and 1 wrench
- 1 multipurpose cutting bit and 11 cut-off wheels for cutting
- 1 silicon carbide grinding stones and 4 aluminum oxide grinding stones for sharpening and grinding
- 2 carbon steel brushes, 4 felt polishing wheels, 1 nylon bristle brush, 1 polishing compound and 1 cloth polishing wheel for polishing and cleaning
No other Dremel 4000 kit offers as many attachments and accessories like Dremel 4000-6/50. People who use rotary tools a lot as well as for various tasks this can be an ideal choice.
Kit Options of Dremel 4200
1.Rotary Tool Kit of Dremel 4200-4/36
Of the three models 4200 kits, Dremel 4200-4/36 is the most affordable. If you have an economy budget who is looking for something with only basic accessories then it would be a great buy.
It offers 36 accessories and 4 impressive attachments. In fact, it is more than what you get comparing all Dremel 4000 kit options except 1.
A lawn mower and garden tool sharpener, shield rotary attachment, multipurpose cutting kit, and grinding/sanding guide are its 4 attachments.
The accessories include :
- 1 silicon carbide grinding stones and 2 aluminum oxide grinding stones for sharpening and grinding
- 1 high-speed cutter and 1 engraving HS cutter for engraving and carving
- 9 sanding discs, 1 drum mandrel and 15 sanding bands for sanding
- 1 spiral bit and 1 cut-off wheel for cutting
- 1 carbon brush wheel and 1 brush wheel for polishing and cleaning
- 1/8-inch drill bit and 1 miscellaneous mandrel for miscellaneous use
2.Rotary Tool Kit of Dremel 4200-6/40
The Dremel 4200-6/40 included 4 more accessories and extra attachments. It is more versatile than 4/36. However, still, it is a little bit less enriched than Dremel 4200-8/64.
It can consider as an ideal rotary tool for craftsmen as well as most DIYers as it offers 47-piece accessories.
It has various attachments such as multipurpose cutting kit, shield rotary attachment, the lawn mower, and garden tool sharpener, straight edge guide and circle cutter, grinding/sanding guide and detailer’s grip attachment.
Let’s examine it’s offered accessories:
- 18 sanding bands, 9 sanding discs and 1 drum mandrel for sanding
- 1 high-speed cutter and 1 engraving HS cutter for engraving and carving
- 1 carbon brush wheel and 1 brush wheel for polishing and cleaning
- 1 cut-off wheel, 1 thin cut wheel and 1 spiral bit for cutting
- 1 silicon carbide grinding stone and 2 aluminum oxide grinding stones for grinding and sharpening
- 1 miscellaneous mandrel and 1/8-inch drill bit for miscellaneous use
3.Rotary Tool Kit of Dremel 4200-8/64
64 accessories and 8 attachments offer by Dremel 4200-8/64. It is more than others Dremel Rotary Tool Kits as one of the top brands.
This will be a great buy indeed if you need something for cleaning as well as polishing. It will give excellence in finishing your projects or for grinding and cutting.
The toolkit offers 8 remarkable attachments which are right angle attachment, shield attachment, grinding/sanding guide attachment, detailer’s grip attachment, straight edge guide/circle cutter attachment, a flex shaft attachment, a cutting guide attachment, and garden tool sharpener attachment.
The important accessories include:
2 aluminum oxide grinding stones, 3 chainsaw sharpening stones and 1 silicon carbide grinding stone for sharpening and grinding
- 9 sanding discs and 30 sanding bands for sanding
- 1 high-speed cutter, 1 diamond wheel point and 1 engraving HS cutter for carving and engraving
- 1 carbon brush wheel, 3 polishing cloth,1 polishing compound and 1 brush wheel for polishing and cleaning
- 1 metal cut-off wheel, 1 carbide cutting/shaping wheel,1 thin cut wheel, 1 metal grinding wheel, 1 multipurpose cutting bit and 1 drywall cutting bit for cutting
- 1/8-in drill bit and collet fan, 2 miscellaneous mandrels
This rotary toolkit is excellent for various home improvement, crafts, and DIY as it has plenty of attachment and accessories.
Moreover, this toolkit for easy maintenance also comes with a nice storage case which is ideal for all attachments/accessories and all tool.
You may wonder between the Dremel 4000 and Dremel 4200 which will be best for you? Well, it depends on your budget as well as on your preferences. Just keep in mind the two are closely similar.
Speed, power as well as motor size, easy grip are the same.
Still, Dremel 4200 seems a little bit better in the question of the accessory change system. Besides, it is the more lightweight, more compact rotary tool which offers longer electrical cord.
However, if you are thinking of an economy rotary tool, the Dremel 4000 will be more affordable and budget friendly.
Good Things of Dremel 4000 Tool & Kits:
- Great value for money
- Lots of bits for various uses
- Well designed and constructed Tool
- Ideal for a beginner or professional
- Good flexibility
Good Things of Dremel 4200 Tool & Kits:
- Good for manufacturing works
- Impressive features on the tool
- In the kits good assortment of attachments and accessories
Hope the above discussion showed you the best guideline according to your demand to choose between Dremel 4000 and the Dremel 4200 model. Happy best rotary tools experience!
If you look after your Dremel tools and don’t try to work more than its capacity or designed to do, the tool should be lasting long. Follow these tips like keep your gear clean, maintain good working order, carry out any scheduled maintenance. Follow the manuals and you will find with great pleasure your power tools lasting for a good many years.
The Dremel 4000 undoubtedly a great and handy tool. But please keep in mind it’s not suitable for every purpose. Some are quite beyond its capacity. But if you use it according to the manual with ease, and do it well. Have a nice and happy Dremel 4000vs 4200 experience!