The Dremel 8220 is a variable-speed cordless, multi-purpose rotary tool. Its speed range is 5000 – 33000 rpm. It is perfect for engraving, polishing, and cutting. Its overall user satisfaction is very positive.
Table of Contents
Dremel 8220 Review: Cordless Rotary Tool
- Model Number: 8220
- Battery Voltage: 12
- Warranty: Limited 2 Years
- Charge Time: 3 Hours
- Material: Composite
- Weight: 1.6[kg, lb, oz]
- Battery: 12V Max Lithium-ion Battery
- Speed: Variable (5,000 – 35,000 RPM)
- Speed Range: 5,000 – 35,000 RPM
- Tool Level: 5 – Cordless – variable speed high
- Length: 9[“]
- Width: 3[“]
- Kit: Kit contains 28 accessories
- Fast Charging Option: One-hour charger for minimal downtime
Specifications of the Product
Dremel is a leading brand in the rotary tool kit world. It produced many models. Among them, The Dremel 8220 is most well known as it has variable-speed. It is a cordless rotary tool. It offers the highest performance as well as versatility. Its most powerful motor ensure its strength with the highest action at all speed levels. The Dremel 8220 is compatible with all present Dremel rotary tool attachment and accessories. Thus it offers a wide range of projects. In any position, its
360-degree grip zone with a slim ergonomic body ensures full control. Its battery time is amazing. The Dremel 8220 has a 33% longer run-time as it is powered by 12V MAX Lithium-ion battery technology.
Benefits and Features of the Dremel 8220
- Lightweight: The Dremel 8220 is easy to carry. It’s weighing in at only 4.4 pounds. Such an option will help you to easily access to everywhere those hard to reach areas too. It also reduces fatigue.
- Long lasting charge: The rotary tool is powered by 12-volt max lithium-ion battery. Even if the device is not being used the new Lithium battery holds a charge much longer time.
- Multi-purpose option: The Dremel 8220 12-Volt Max Cordless Rotary Tool offers the multi-purpose function. It is so far its best feature. It means you are buying a dozen tools in one.
- Variable speed: Its variable speed allows users better control. Such a feature helps them to accomplish their tasks with accuracy.
- Fast Accessory Change Option: Dremel 8220 quick collet lock ensures fast accessory changes.
- Ergonomic: Comfortable 360-degree grip zone allows better hold.
- Compatible: All Dremel accessories and attachments can be used with the Dremel 8220 rotary tool model.
- Cordless: The tool is cord free. No more power cord getting in the way.
- Fast Charging: The Dremel 8220 model offers fast charging. It means a one-hour charge allows for minimal downtime.
- On/off switch & Speed Control: Separate on/off switch and speed control Dremel 8220 model’s another pleasing surprise. It retains speed setting for the perfect speed every time.
- EZ Twist nose cap: For your fast accessory changes the rotary tool offers EZ Twist nose cap with wrench
- Ball bearing construction: Cool-running ball bearing construction for quiet and smooth operation
Things we do not like
Some users are not satisfied regarding the selection of attachment with the Dremel 8220 model rotary toolkit.
For any responsible homeowner, a great rotary tool is almost essential. Inside as well as outside of your home this small tool kit can adjust and fix so many things. Want to trim your lovely cat’s claws? Need to polish a hard to reach place? Need to sandpaper a table edge? A perfect rotary toolkit like The Dremel 8220 is your answer. It can help you to complete all these tasks and more. You are welcome to try.
In and around the house this rotary tool can help you with dozens of tasks, for example, cutting screws, sending drums as well as carving out delicate designs.
An example of a great rotary tool is the Dremel 8220 Cordless Rotary Tool. It can be easily used with all of the accessories and attachments manufactured by the Dremel Company. Indeed this is the great thing about this product. You will thus get relief purchasing such an ideal tool. It can perfectly complete dozens of tasks. Just use a simple attachment change. It made even easier by the unit’s quick collet lock.
Dremel 8220 Cordless Rotary tool’s another great feature is it is cordless. It means a user can easily move the tool around the home. When transferring work areas you do not have to change plugs. It is easy to charge the battery. It lasts up to one hour in between charging periods.
Another eye-catching feature of this rotary is its weight. The Dremel 8220 rotary tool weighs only 4.4lbs. Thus making it comparatively lightweight. Such a good option allow its users with greater ease and comfort the product to be used. This rotary tool is a slim build.
It comes with a 360-degree grip zone that allows users more control over the tool. Dremel 8220 does not matter what position you may be in.
What was removed from the 8220-2/28 kit vs the 8200-2/28 kit:
- 191 High-Speed Cutter
- 411 3/4″ Sanding Disc, 180 grit (2)
- 420 Emery Cut-Off Wheel (2)
- 575 Right Angle Attachment
- 932 Aluminum Oxide Grinding Stone
- 84922 Silicon Carbide Grinding Stone
What was added to the 8220 kits vs the 8200 kit:
- 426 1-1/4″ Fiberglass-Reinforced Cut-Off Wheel
- A550 Shield Attachment
Multiple included accessory quantities that changed:
- (8220 kits on left vs 8200 kits on right)
- 408 1/2″ 60 Grit Sanding Band (2 vs 3)
- 414 1/2″ Felt Polishing Wheel (3 vs 2)
- 425 Emery Wheel (4 vs 1)
- 429 1″ Felt Polishing Wheel (3 vs 1)
- 445 1/2″ 240 Grit Sanding Band (3 vs 2)
What Dremel 8220 Rotary Tool Kit Can Do
As a multipurpose model, the Dremel 8220 rotary tool can help you in many challenging projects. You can use it for various things at home or workstation. Still, it’s a primary application or uses based on four-way.
- Cutting: The Dremel 8220 is the perfect rotary tool kit for you whether you want to cut metal, wood, ceramics, hard epoxy, concrete, brick or porcelain. Almost any type of material it can easily cut into as it is well known for its versatility. Do you want to cut a diverse range of materials? It’s also possible. The Dremel provides different accessories for such challenging cutting projects.
- This tool will always be very handy if you want to carve something in your workshop or to finish off a project with some engraving. Several accessories and attachment of Dremel can fulfill these purposes. When you want to do some grooving, shaping and hollowing the high-speed attachments will be ideal. If you want to make hard materials removals and smoothing you can use the tungsten cutters.
- You can give your projects a sparkling appearance with the Dremel 8220 with little effort. This toolkit comes with cleaning and polishing accessories. No matter whether heavy material removal or minor deburring this will be very helpful.
- The Dremel 8220 with its unique sanding accessories allows restoring your furniture and appliances by removing rust. You can do it with sharpening or the grinding accessories as well as polishing them with the accessories of sanding. The Silicon carbide stones also come with the Dremel 8220 rotary tool. Thus it will help you to deal ideally with much non-ferrous materials like glass, stone, and ceramic.
Are you looking for an all in one good rotary tool? If you looking for above features in just one rotary tool kit then obviously the Dremel 8220 cordless rotary tool is perfect for you.
Just add this rotary tool to your toolbox. You will be completely ready for any cutting, carving, polishing, trimming, sanding, trimming and detailing tasks. It can even help you in future challenges projects.
Also check: Dremel 4000 vs 4200 Rotary Tool Kit